Friday 10 March 2017

3rd march ~ New stars

This was the day we had to leave to Biligirirangan hills in short BR hills as it was the option me and my friend Terese chose in instead of PKTB. I chose this inspite of people trying to talk us out of the idea only because this looked like an opportunity to see what the rest of my life might be like since I always have thought that my interest lies in public health.



So we packed up all that we’d listed including an induction stove based on the funny starving stories we'd already heard from our friends and started on the 3rd morning. Changed 2 buses via Santhemarali and Yellandur and reached the hills by 2:30pm. The first thing I noticed was how quiet and calm the environment here is. We were welcomed by the staff in VGKK (Vivekananda Girijana Kalyana Kendra) which is a huge campus standing in the middle of the forest. We were told in detail about VGKK, what it does, and what activities we can take part in, by the coordinator Arun. He made sure we had everything we needed through Murthy. Murthy is the guy who solves everyone's problems in the campus we figured out. That night ended with a nutritious meal at the dinning hall with all the school kids and by watching the lovely Ursa major constellation shown by the headmaster Ramachari. 


No comments:

Post a Comment